Impressions of Raising My Rainbow

My impressions of Raising My Rainbow, to which I was referred by a commenter on this blog.

I showed it to my son, age 7, because his interests are a lot like CJ. Make up, hair and feminine clothing. Yet CJ knows he is male, knows he is a boy, and doesn't have a problem even since he's been allowed to present as he wants without being bullied.

Although I think that this level of obsession with appearance is not cool for either boys or girls (me and my friends didn't sit around playing with makeup when i was 11), my son really liked CJ, and he knows that there is at least one other boy like him in the world. So for that, I thank CJ and his parents.

But other things about the blog bother me. Why is CJ classified as LGBTQ? He hasn't even reaced puberty yet. At age 11 he was chosen marshal for the pride parade. Why is clothing styles being conflated with sexual orientation???? Seems that is a bit oversexualization for a child. In fact, many pride parades have very sexualized parts that it doesn't seem is appropriate for children to be there at all.

And one more thing- CJ doesn't wear skirts. wondering about that. Is skirts the forbidden line that differentiates between a feminine boy and a trans?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look Mommy, a girl with a penis!

"when i was a boy i loved dresses"